Big Jim’s Smoked Pork Ribs with Brown Sugar-Horseradish-Maple Glaze
Ok so you know I’m always learning and experimenting – here is my next treat !! Don’t tell anyone this is a winner
So you will need :
4 racks of pork ribs !!!!
Brown Sugar-Maple-Horseradish Glaze:
- 2 cups pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup prepared horseradish, drained
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon ancho chili powder
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup Spanish paprika
- 3 tablespoons ancho chili powder
- 3 tablespoons New Mexican chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
4 cups wood chips (hickory and apple )50-50 mix
Whisk all ingredients together in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. ( not the wood lol)
Stir spices together in a medium bowl.
About 1 hour before cooking soak chips or chunks in water. In your covered grill, light your charcoal and add wood chips. Bring temperature to 240 degrees. (start 30 min before)
Rub top and bottom side of each rack of ribs with about 3 tablespoons of the rub 4 hours before cooking and hold in fridge. Place ribs, bone side down on your cooker. Close your cover and grill 2 hours bone side down then flip over for 1 hour then flip over for 1 more hour – adding chips every 20 minutes. 4 hours total !! ( baby backs 3 hours) During the last 30 minutes of grilling, brush liberally with the Maple-Horseradish Glaze.Yum yum yum yum yum !!